Picking a printer is one of the most important steps we take in our journey as a customer merchandise enterprise.
What is DTG printing?
DTG means Direct-to-Garment printing. It is a relatively new process of printing, as it only came into play in 2004. These printers however have advanced quickly, to the point where they easily compete with screen printing. For the purposes of ecommerce, DTG printing is the best way to print t-shirts at optimal quality and speed for minimal cost.
It’s significantly easier to print small batches of t-shirts using DTG printing than it is with Screen printing. This is true even if you are printing a single shirt, you can do so at a cost that maximizes profit margins and quality, offering you much better customer satisfaction.
Full Colour Images for a Fraction of the Price.
– Unlike our competitors we stop charging you after 5 colours so you’re not punished for vibrant designs.
– Due to the speed of our cutting-edge printers your t-shirt prints will be printed and ready to ship faster, giving you greater customer satisfaction.
Fantastic Quality on Light/Dark Apparel.
– DTG printers inject ink directly into each strand of the fabric, making all products pixel perfect.
– We offer a much higher profit margin for each of your products than our competitors offer, as the cost are lower.
DTG Printing Process
- There’s an automated quality check for your design which ensures your design is the best possible quality for print.
- Once your design is ready for print, the order is automatically sent to one of our premium suppliers based on the location of the customer
- The order is received by the supplier where they add the design’s unique barcode which contains all the image data for printing.
- The t-shirt is then loaded onto one of our top of the line Kornit printers where the barcode is scanned.
- A pre-treatment solution is sprayed onto the shirts to make the ink stick to the fibres more easily which prevents your design from fading.
- Your design is then printed onto the t-shirt
- Our printers then check to make sure that your t-shirt designs have the best quality possible and match your original design perfectly.
- The t-shirts are packaged up and shipped to each customer, directly from the printing facility for the fastest possible delivery time.
Why we use DTG printers
DTG printers are the future of custom apparel printing and since they’re a recent addition to the world of printing, they still have room to become faster and cheaper to run.
However, after months of research we truly know these are the best for our customers, they give the fastest printing turnaround time in the industry and fantastic profit margins.