Good grooming and keeping oneself neat and clean shows that a person respects himself or herself and the people he or she comes in contact with throughout the day. There are many aspects of grooming and personal hygiene, including hair, nails, breath, body odor, and clothing.
In today’s competitive and modern business world, adhering to professional appearance and grooming for the workplace is essential. If you have the desire to look your best at all times in social and professional settings, you need to keep in mind the following basic guidelines for good grooming in the workplace:
- Wear business suits or Proper Uniforms as per Company norms.
- Always be neat and clean, including your teeth, fingernails, face, hair, and shoes.
- Keep your pockets empty, and avoid tinkling coins or keys and bulges as much as possible.
- Avoid eating candies, smoking cigarettes, and chewing gum inside the office or Store.
- Use a portfolio case or light briefcase when carrying essential documents with you instead of compiling these documents in folders and carrying these between your armpits.
- As much as possible, remove tattoos and body piercings, making you look untidy and unprofessional.
- Wear light perfume and cologne and minimize using lots of jewelry.
- Wearing dress shirts with a company logo embroidered is a great way to display pride in the company.
- Partner with established and reputable uniform providers such as Northwest Custom Apparel, who employ skilled personnel to ensure your sharp appearance.
You must dress conservatively in the office to establish a credible and respectful image. In the case of women, they are advise to avoid wearing clothes that are revealing. Clothes must be fit and length to ensure confidence and comfort upon wearing.
These are just a few ways to achieve the ideal professional appearance and grooming for the workplace. Individuals must also note that personal hygiene must be practice in the workplace, not just at home. A professional appearance can be enhanced by reporting to work early, wearing the best smile often, and displaying a positive attitude.